The YERUN Staff Week on Best Practices for International Collaboration at Doctorate Level was a three-day training activity that focused on the challenges and the advantages of different forms of “structured mobility” at Doctorate level in the context of the debate on doctoral training in Europe and the role of European university networks in the future European Education Area. It was organised by Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Presentations on November 14
- General presentation about YERUN, Amaya Mendikoetxea (UAM) and Silvia Gomez (YERUN).
- Sharing experience from creating an international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral doctorate since 1993: a meta-reflection on the “joint” doctorate as a distinct model from the “collaborative” programs”, Prof. Annamaria Silvana de Rosa (Sapienza Universitá di Roma).
- Advantages and Challenges of Structured Mobility for Doctoral Candidates in Europe, Gareth O’Neill (Eurodoc).
- UAM´s coordinator of Erasmus+ Mundus Joint Master’s Degree (EMJMD) in Image Processing and Computer Vision (IPCV), Jorge Pedemonte Marino (UAB).
- UAM´s coordinator of Erasmus+ Mundus Joint Master’s Degree (EMJMD) in Image Processing and Computer Vision (IPCV), Jesús Bescós (UAM).
- From Erasmus+ Mundus Joint Master Degrees to European Joint Doctorates: a natural path, Manuel Yañez (UAM).
- UAM´s coordinator of Erasmus+ Mundus Joint Master’s Degree (EMJMD) in Image Processing and Computer Vision (IPCV), Raúl Sánchez Fernández (UC3M).
Presentations on November 15
- EDUAM: UAM Doctoral School, Olga Fernández Soriano (UAM).
- 10 years of joint doctorates at KU Leuven: a tale of challenges and exponential growth, Porf. John Creemers (KU Leuven).
- EUA-CDE and Doctoral education in Europe, Prof. Mossadek Talby (Aix-Marseille Universitè – EUA CDE).
- Flexibility in cooperation agreement and Joint PhD, Giovanni La Rosa (Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata).
Presentations on November 16
- Presentation of Doctoral education in different EU countries
- BELGIUM (FLANDERS): Pieter Spooren, University of Antwerp.
- FINLAND: Kaisa Laitinen, University of Eastern Finland.
- FRANCE: Mossadek Talby, Aix-Marseille Université.
- GERMANY: Leonie Wiemeyer, Universität Bremen.
- ITALY: Giovanni La Rosa and Francesca Dominici, Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata.
- THE NETHERLANDS: Cenay Akin, Maastricht University.
- PORTUGAL: Patricia Rosado, Universidade Nova de Lisboa.
- SPAIN: Javier Díaz Nido, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- UK: Dominic Micklewright, University of Essex