The Young European Research Universities Network (YERUN) and 13 European associations representing universities are joining forces in reply to the Commission’s proposal on Horizon Europe published on 7 June.
For universities, creating the best Horizon Europe possible is paramount as the programme is a key enabler in achieving European ambitions and strengthening values.
We therefore ask the European Parliament and the Council to support Horizon Europe and to incorporate the following necessary changes in order to ensure that it will fulfil the EU’s ambitions:
- Increase the total budget.
- Review the budget allocation.
- Put the realisation of the European Research Area at the centre of Horizon Europe across all pillars.
- Foresee better linkages between research, innovation and education.
- Include a human and societal reflection, as well as options for fundamental research, in all clusters and missions.
We look forward to continuing our work with the European Commission, the European Parliament and Council of the EU to support a timely approval of Horizon Europe and to actively engage in the co-creation process in order to make the Programme a success.
Read the full statement here! —-> Universities united for the best Horizon Europe