The Antwerp Summer University programme for 2020 has been adjusted due to the current situation: the summer schools taking place in June and July will be cancelled (a few will be offered fully online). Those that are scheduled to take place in August and September will go ahead as planned until further notice (a few will be postponed to the summer of 2021, others will go digital). Read more.
Summer schools in June or July
In light of the recent developments and based on the advice of university experts, the management of the University of Antwerp decided to cancel the physical version of the summer schools taking place in June and July. Some summer schools taking place in this period however decided to go digital, planning to offer a full fletched online alternative:
- ALGAR 2020: Valuations, quadratic forms and definability
- Children’s Literature
- Europe: Diversity and Migration
If you are interested in attending one of these alternatives, please register following the instructions on the summer school’s website, or stay tuned.
As for all other summer schools that are cancelled, we start planning next year’s edition from today onwards. If you want to stay tuned about the launch of the next edition, please sign up for University of Antwerp’s newsletter.
Summer schools in August or September
The following summer schools have been postponed to next summer (2021):
- Qualitative Research Methods in Health Care
- Personalised Rehabilitation: Diet and Exercise
- Jesuit Heritage Summer School: Art and Architecture
At this moment, all other summer schools in August or September are still scheduled to go ahead as planned. We will monitor the situation closely, hereby following the measures and guidelines provided by the Belgian government and university experts.
If the physical edition would get cancelled, the following summer schools are exploring the possibility of offering a digital alternative. Sign up for University of Antwerp’s newsletter to stay tuned.
- Experience Entrepreneurship. An Intensive Introduction
- Antwerp Summer Schools on Urban Logistics
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fashion Management
- INSPIRE Summer School
- Critical approaches to typography. Research into the interaction between typographic conventions and the digital age
- From Mine to Finger. A deep dive into the world of Diamonds
We suggest interested participants to submit their application and follow the admission procedure to make sure to have their spot reserved. Read more