YUFE TRANSFORMING R&I THROUGH EUROPE-WIDE KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER
As part of the ERA vision, the EC is aiming to see the necessary transformations in R&I that will include the promotion of citizen science and societal engagement, the mainstreaming of Open Science practices, the fostering of brain and knowledge circulation, strengthening of academia-business collaboration and embodiment in a global R&I ecosystem.
The YUFE (Young Universities for the Future of Europe) alliance embraces in YUFERING this challenge by effectively contributing to pilot these needed transformations to improve and harmonise the conditions for R&I in Europe.
The YUFERING project sets out actions and recommendations towards a model of R&I system, where excellence and inclusivity unite to transform and enhance European Universities and the R&I ecosystem, they are part of, through knowledge transfer, community engagement and exploitation across all sectors, stakeholder groups and countries.
YUFERING also allows the YUFE Alliance to explore synergies with the other European Universities initiatives towards addressing shared challenges in R&I, as well as formulating solutions that enable a deep transformation of all missions of universities. The progress achieved and models developed will benefit of all higher education institutions and have a tangible impact on society and economies across Europe.
By building on the established cooperation between the YUFE partners, YUFERING acts as enabler for R&I transformation and focuses on the following seven main objectives:
• To define and implement a YUFE community-engaged R&I agenda for an excellent and inclusive European University.
• To function as a catalyst of flipped knowledge transfer and deployment in society.
• To transform recognition, reward and circulation of talents and teams across Europe.
• To make Open Science the “new normal” by creating a YUFE Open Science Strategy.
• To create and enhance shared research support structures, mechanisms, and infrastructures amongst YUFERING partners.
• To achieve a broader impact on the R&I community and the society through a horizontal focus on community-engaged R&I.
• To explore joint structures and to share best practices with other European Universities alliances to ensure towards system-level impact.
In YUFERING, the YUFE Alliance not only contributes to the necessary transformation required at many levels to build the R&I dimension of European Universities, but also creates – with all relevant stakeholders – a blueprint for the ERA of the future.
Dr. Tatiana-Ioanna Gialama, YUFERING Project Manager, Innovation Management Unit, Research and Innovation Support Service UCY.
More info: email@example.com