Don’t miss this year edition of the EU Knowledge Valorisation Week! The event, organised by the European Commission, will take place from 25 to 28 April 2023.
This year’s edition will be particularly interesting given the latest policy developments: in December 2022, the Council Recommendation on Guiding Principles for Knowledge Valorisation was adopted. To accompany the implementation of this policy, at the beginning of March 2023 the Commission adopted Recommendations on two Codes of Practice on Intellectual Assets Management and on Standardisation for Researchers. The development of two new codes on academia-industry collaboration and on citizen engagement is underway.
During the three days event, inspiring examples of how the guidelines can turn into practice for the public good and own goals will be showcased, with the aim to exchange experiences, discover novel approaches and peer learning. Practitioners will also explain how to benefit professionally from the new Codes of Practice on intellectual assets management and on standardisation.
The three thematic days of the Week will focus on:
- Valorisation for sustainability (25 April)
- Management of intellectual assets (26 April)
- Industry-science cooperation (27 April)
During the event, hands-on training for researchers, young innovators and anyone interested will be provided and, specifically on Friday 28 April, it will be possible to advance intellectual assets management skills in a series of free online courses.
YERUN is proud to see three of its members showcased in the programme:
- On 26 April, Nova University Lisbon will present its Sciencepreneur courses and ImPact@NOVA
- On 27 April, the University of Ester Finland will present its Photonics Centre
- On 27 April, the University of Rijeka will present its RIMAP-Regional Innovation Matchmaking Platform.
Participants will be able to join this event online through the registration system on this platform.